Care Notebook Information
Our downloadable Care Notebook is a valuable tool in achieving a medical home/family centered care for your child. This record keeping system enables one to have all relevant information in one place. A Care Notebook should follow your child to all appointments, tests, therapies, IEPs, and more, to facilitate coordination of care. A completed Care Notebook assists those involved in your child’s care to view interactions with other professionals also involved in your child’s care.
If you have questions upon review of the Care Notebook materials, please call the Delaware Family Voices office and we will be happy to assist you in putting together this valuable tool. Also check the Events page for future Care Notebook training sessions.
Care Notebook Pages Arranged by Section
- Care Notebook – Cover Page
- Care Notebook – Instructions
- Section 1 – My Child’s Profile Table of Contents
- Section 1 – My Child’s Profile
- Section 1 – My Child’s Profile: Optional Pages
- The My Child’s Profile section is a collection of pages dedicated to information about your child.
- Section 2 – Logs Table of Contents
- Section 2 – Logs
- Section 2 – Logs: Optional Pages
- **Download the 2014 – 2015 Daily Calendar.
- Logs forms may be taken to places such as doctor appointments, hospitals, and more. All pages in Logs should be filled out by the Care Notebook owner.
- Section 3 – Taking Care Of Table of Contents
- Section 3 – Taking Care Of…
- Section 3 – Taking Care Of: Optional Pages
- This section is used to collect vital information in the care of your child such as medical equipment, medicine, and allergic reactions.
- Section 4 – Evaluations & Assessments Table of Contents
- Section 4 – Evaluations & Assessments: Optional Pages
- This section will initially be empty. You add pages along the way according to the table of contents.
- Section 5 – Reference Material Table of Contents
- Section 5 – Reference Material
- Section 5 – Reference Material: Optional Pages
- ** Updates have been made to Section 5 – Reference Material – Delaware Resources. Click here to download the updated page.
- ** Updates have also been made to the ACRONYMS page. Click here to download the updated page.
- ** Updated links on the Special Education form are – http://www.wrightslaw.com/topics.htm and www.picofdel.org and http://www.doe.k12.de.us. Please remove the special education complaint form from your notebooks.
- The References section includes information on immunizations, important phone numbers, and medical personnel contact information. It also includes a glossary of important, relevant terms for your child.
- CDC Immunization Schedules
Delaware Family Voices would like to acknowledge the organizations whose Care Notebooks we adapted from or used as a guide to help us create our All About My Child Care Notebook, including:
- Alameda County Medical Home Project
- Children’s Hospital Boston
- Utah Family Voices
- BIA of New Mexico
Additional resources used in the development of our Care Notebook can be found in Section 5: Reference Material of our Care Notebook – Websites with Optional Forms. You may also view and download other Care Notebooks.